Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pumpkin Bread




 







I have yet another Thanksgiving dinner to attend, and it's a potluck! I had a can of pumpkin puree left over from the experiment with making pumpkin fudge, so I thought I'd make something a little easier to transport and slightly more healthy. :o) Pumpkin bread!

The recipe calls for three cups of white sugar. I didn't want it to be *that* sweet, so I replaced one cup of white sugar with one cup of light brown sugar. Also, I don't have ground ginger, so I bumped up the ground cloves from 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon. There's no vegetable oil in the house, so I substituted with olive oil. I really have no preference for oils when baking; it'll all turn out fine in the end, in my opinion.

As you can see, I made two loaves. The recipe calls for three 7x3 inch loaf pans. Haha, again I'm not partial to sticking exactly with what the recipe says to do. As long as the batter fits in the pan, then I'm using it! I had wanted them to look like "normal" loaves of bread anyway.

I took one loaf to a couple of friends who recently bought a house. The other loaf will go towards the potluck. If you look at the comments section, you'll find people invariably made their own versions of the same recipe. I can imagine heating up a slice and serving it with ice cream, drizzled with caramel. MmMmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment