Friday, November 25, 2011

Marlow's Tavern

Pecan-crusted chicken salad - Tender chicken lightly crusted, mixed greens, crumbled Gorgonzola, apple-smoked bacon, tomato, and honey pecan vinaigrette



Marlow's Tavern, we meet again! The pecan-crusted chicken salad was awesome. It's definitely an entree salad (read: filling!). The chicken was tender and crunchy; the cheese was a nice complement to the chicken and the salad. I could've sworn it was blue cheese instead of Gorgonzola though. The dressing was tasty as well - I'm a sucker for vinaigrette dressings. I asked for it on the side. There were plenty of greens in the bowl; I don't remember apples but they were probably buried underneath the chicken. I know I've had a similar salad before, and I know it tastes good. Nice to see restaurants getting this combination right.

On another note: I did not know there was a Sunday brunch buffet! It smelled great. The plates are small and there are plenty of options to choose from (e.g., crab cakes, Belgian waffles, made-to-order crepes). I'm curious to know whether all locations have this option; I'll have to investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment