Saturday, November 26, 2011

K Family Thanksgiving

Turkey, stuffing, salad, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole 

Toll House chocolate chip pie, apple pie, and ice cream 



My friends were gracious enough to let me come to their family's Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving Day. (These are different Ks from the wedding I attended earlier in the month.) As is customary with Thanksgiving meals, there was too much food. Haha... I hadn't had stuffing in a while, so it was nice to have two options at the table. I'm afraid I didn't get a picture of the other one, but it included corn flakes so I'm curious about that recipe.

The dessert options were all homemade (except for the ice cream), and there were plenty of options as well. I'm afraid I hit my limits with the dessert pictured. The Toll House chocolate chip pie was a bit thick in consistency. The original recipe calls for nuts, which is probably used to cut the intensity of the chocolate. As it was, the ice cream was an excellent chocolate buffer at that time. I think if the pie had been heated to melt the chocolate a bit, it would've been even better. The apple pie was homemade by a friend of the family; she included a bit of lemon juice and lemon zest in the pie, which was a nice twist. Also, the apple slices were quite small, which I appreciated. I'm not normally a fan of apple desserts (particularly apple pie) but this version was quite palatable. :oD Many thanks to the K family for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment