Thursday, November 24, 2011

Fellini's, Swirlls


Salad - Iceberg and romaine lettuces with mushrooms, onions, green peppers, green and black olives, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes with ranch dressing

Hawaiian

Cheese

Fellini's Special - pepperoni, mushrooms, Italian sausage, onions, meatballs, green peppers, black olives, and extra cheese

Froyo! I want to say the right cup has blueberry, original, and strawberry. The left one? Chocolate and original, I believe.

Fellini's has a few locations, so don't fret if you can't make it to the "other side" of town for a slice. As you can gather from the pictures, I had dinner with a large group of friends. We ordered family-style and split the bill. I ordered the salad, which was deceptively big. The amount of dressing given is more than enough. The pizzas were fresh from the ovens and easy to slice. Initially, given my love-hate relationship with onions, I had misgivings about the special but I tried a slice anyway. All three were pretty tasty pizzas, and I would actually like to have the special again whenever I go back.

I hadn't heard of Swirlls before; it's within walking distance of the Fellini's off of Roswell Road. Yet another self-serve frozen yogurt joint (Pinkberry, Yogurberry, Yoforia, Red Mango, et al. - only some of these are self-serve but I hope you get the point that there are a lot of frozen yogurt places around Atlanta) so I'm afraid I can't say anything remarkable about this place. They all sort of blend together after a while. Froyo stores generally have self-serve dispensers of various flavored frozen yogurts ranging from original (which is always too tart for me) to chocolate to taro (my fave!) to fruits to coffees and the list goes on and on. Separately, there are additional toppings you can add to your cup of froyo such as gummi bears, almond slices, fruit slices, and more. All of the contents of your cup are weighed on a scale at the register, where most of the time you can pay with a credit card. (Some places enforce a minimum purchase for credit cards.) If you're not in a self-serve store, then the people behind the counter dispense the yogurt and add the toppings for you. It's a pretty straightforward process - the hardest decision you'll have to make is which flavor to get and which toppings to avoid. :oD

In my opinion, the frozen yogurt craze peaked earlier this year. I'm not sure when the cupcake craze started or ended but I have a feeling that that also peaked this year. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment