Saturday, November 26, 2011

Crepe Revolution


Monte Cristo crepe - chicken, ham, cheddar, honey dijon, raspberry sauce, powdered sugar


Roasted butternut squash soup - rich and creamy with a subtle sweet roasted flavor (vegetarian and gluten free)

Chicken Divan - sliced grilled chicken, mushroom, broccoli, onion, cheddar, mushroom cream sauce 





Nutella in a sweet crepe with banana


First time at Crepe Revolution, and I quite enjoyed my meal. I ordered the Monte Cristo, which is similar to a croque monsieur and reminds me of a significantly better version of a ham and cheese Hot Pocket. ^_^ The crepe was a little crispy - my preference - and the flavors blended well together. The raspberry may be surprising to find in this salty crepe but there's only a dab of it and it works. It was a decent-sized crepe, too. I ordered the "soup of the day," which turned out to be the regular soup that they have "on tap" there: roasted butternut squash. Don't get me wrong, I love butternut squash soup but if you have a separate listing for "soup du jour," then I expect there to be some variety. As it was, the soup was thick in consistency (love) and super tasty. The cup of soup literally came in a cup on a saucer with a spoon! Someone else got the bowl, which was large and a little shallow.

I split the nutella and banana crepe with a friend of mine. I was too busy eating it to take pictures of the inside though. -___-" It was roughly the same size as the Monte Cristo crepe but with less filling. I don't profess to know what the perfect texture is for a crepe but I was fine with what I had. The crepe was slightly crispy yet still soft enough to cut with a knife and fork without broken bits flying around the plate.

The restaurant's location is a bit obscure. It's in a new-ish development off of the Atlanta Rd exit of I-285, beyond the Starbucks to the left. The pour-over parking lot sits next to undeveloped land at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment