Saturday, November 26, 2011

Banana Banana Bread








Since I was in a baking rhythm and I had all the pans and tools out from the pumpkin bread adventure, I decided to make banana bread as well. There were two overripe bananas available, so I specifically searched for a recipe that used only two bananas. Fortunately, I tend to already have the remaining ingredients. :o)

I ran out of light brown sugar when I made the pumpkin bread, so I substituted 3/4 cup brown sugar with 3/4 cup white sugar. Luckily, those sugars are equal substitutes! I cut up the bananas into small pieces and mashed them in a bowl with a fork in one hand and a spoon in the other. I can't just use a spoon because the banana will perform a slip 'n slide, so I use a fork to do the mashing and a spoon to keep the banana in place while mashing. This bread is staying home. :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment