Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mini Hot Pot




What comes with one hot pot order, regardless of meat choice

Pork hot pot with vegetarian broth

Complimentary taro with shaved ice

Mini Hot Pot is a restaurant I've avoided for quite some time. Growing up, my family would regularly have hot pot for the holidays and we always had too much food leftover. Hot pot is best consumed at that moment, not as leftovers. To me, it was and still is the equivalent of having pho - one big soup dish. I guess I'm not a fan because I usually like to finish my plate, and I simply can't do that with hot pot (or pho, for that matter). It's a sign of defeat, haha. And, now that I think about it, it probably stems from my parents telling me to finish my plate (as there are millions of African children who are starving in another part of the world). Oh yeah... I got that guilt trip.

The tables are on the small side as the hot pot takes up most of the space. If you're there with a large group, you're going to have to be creative with the space-saving techniques. There is a sauce stand near the back of this restaurant's location with all sorts of sauces available - I went for the customary BBQ sauce as it's what my family always uses. Like I predicted, I couldn't finish the plate of "sides" that went with the pork. Most of those ingredients soak up the broth, so it's more like you're drinking your meal rather than eating it. ^_^ It was tasty, though you have to try really hard to mess up hot pot. If you're afraid of cooking or think you're an awful cook, then you should be fine here. It's one of the simplest meals you'll ever make.

No comments:

Post a Comment