Sunday, October 16, 2011

Loca Luna and Philips Arena




Bocadillo - mortadella, pistachio nuts, melted onion, spiced honey, manchego, foccacia


Fish taco - paprika spiced sauteed grouper with coleslaw and jalapeno aioli


Ejotes Fritos - crispy green beans, sea salt, jalapeno mayo

Yucca Frita - yucca fries, romesco verde sauce

Score at half-time? Atlanta Dream 37, Minnesota Lynx 33

And... yeah, that's been my experience going to any Atlanta games with friends - Atlanta loses. Perhaps I'm a bad luck charm?

Loca Luna is a tapas restaurant that offers nightly live music. You can order your own dishes or order multiple ones and share them family-style. I'm a fan of the family-style methodology as it allows you to sample several dishes in one sitting. 

According to my friend, the bocadillo dish was a glorified bologna sandwich. Haha... I have to say she was pretty spot-on but the melted onions did taste great and you know I'm not a huge fan of them, so that's saying a lot. I didn't taste much of the cheese though and the bun was rather filling. The fish taco was just okay for me. After all of the fish tacos I've eaten, it's obvious to me that tilapia is the best fish for the dish. And I had no idea what was going on with the coleslaw, either. :o\ I do recommend the green beans and yucca fries - yes, they're fried but they're also delicious. The mayo sauce for the green beans makes them especially tasty. The yucca fries are deceptively filling - they reminded me of sweet potato fries.

After dinner, my friend and I went to Philips Arena to catch an Atlanta Dream game. This is the second time I've seen a Dream game in person, and also the second time the Dream has lost in my presence. Not a good track record for me, I suppose. :oO It's as if the players got cocky with their measly four-point lead from the first half, and decided to coast through the second half. Too many missed opportunities and too few players putting forth a team effort. I don't understand why someone would willingly go up against three defenders when attempting to do a lay-up. *shakes head* Disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment