Thursday, October 13, 2011

Atlanta Tourist Spots

My cousin, her boyfriend, and I hit up these spots after the Atlanta Greek Festival. It was a gorgeous day, and I know we all needed to walk off the festival food. :o)



Current visiting exhibit - no (other) pictures allowed!




Piedmont Park is rather self-explanatory but I essentially took them around the perimeter of the park. There were a lot of people outside, and even a dog-only playdate at the pool located near the new children's playground. There is a parking garage located off of Monroe Drive; I parked down 14th Street at a surface lot. We then took a spin around the High Museum. Bank of America cardholders get free admission on the first Saturday of every month; same applies to Fulton County residents. This deal also applies to other area museums. Note that the museum closes at 5pm over the weekend. After that, we went to Atlantic Station (no pics) where they picked up a few items.

Hankook Taqueria for dinner! They hadn't had Korean tacos yet, so of course I took them to this little gem. You guys already know I'm a fan. On the whole, they enjoyed the tacos, sesame fries, and sweet potato fries and claimed that the fish taco was the best. Afterwards, we met up with some of my friends at Starlight Six Drive-In. As far as I know, it's the only drive-in theater Atlanta has. It was pretty cold and windy that evening (we wore shorts during the day and didn't change), so blankets sufficed for the first movie (Killer Elite) and we ducked into my car for the second one (Columbiana). Awesome deal for movies these days - $7 per person (cash only) for two movies. Naturally, there were a few issues with people turning on their headlights for whatever reason(s) but it's a pretty solid movie experience otherwise. And, it's easily accessible from I-20.

No comments:

Post a Comment