Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Veni Vidi Vici

Three course summer tasting menu

Ambiance

Face!

Antipasti
Pizza finta
Chickpea pancake "mock pizza" , VVV cured salmon, robiola, crispy capers, red onion



Primi
Agnolotti
Sheep's milk ricotta and wood roasted local eggplant filled with agnolotti, brown butter, marjoram 



Secondi
Merluzzo
Pan roasted blue cod, local fingerling potatoes, fennel, citrus and caper vinaigrette

Veni Vidi Vici is a part of the Buckhead Life Restaurant Group. I regularly receive mailings from them with gift cards inside, tempting me to eat at their various restaurants. Normally, I don't have the time or the inclination to go but I had no excuses, really. I wanted to try it, after all, and why not try it with a gift card? Granted, the card had several stipulations. In the end, it was still better than paying full price. ^_^

I took advantage of the three-course summer tasting menu for $29. If I had to rank the three dishes, I'd say the Agnolotti is # 1 for me. It was ridiculously tender and full of flavor - I'm sure the brown butter had something to do with that! I wished I had more on my plate. Second place goes to the Pizza Finta - the capers were a nice touch and added a different texture to the "pancake." Third place goes to the Merluzzo - it was on the salty side for me. I'd go back for the Agnolotti to eat as an entree. Overall, not as expensive a restaurant as I'd imagined it to be, which is both a nice surprise and downright dangerous. O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment