Monday, June 27, 2011

Young Augustine's

Hey! Did you miss me? It's been a while since I last posted, which in Internet time could potentially mean eons. O.o The postings started to feel like a chore for a minute there, so I took some time away to remember the reasons why I enjoy doing it. Nevertheless, I never stopped dining out and taking pics, so there's a backlog of new posts to come.


[Side note: QR codes are really starting to take off!]

With the exception of the few salad selections available, everything on the menu is ridiculously unhealthy for you. O_O

I ended up choosing what I thought was a "healthy" option: the roasted mushroom panino with truffle paste, muenster cheese, and basil pesto.

It... was... gorgeous... AND seemed to be dripping with butter. >.>

With a side of brussel sprouts and cauliflower and a scoop of white rice. ^_^

NOM

I met up with a couple of friends at Young Augustine's to play bocce ball. I'd never played it before and I'd never been to Young Augustine's before, so this was a two-birds-one-stone kind of deal. :o) Bocce ball is also offered at Ormsby's and Leon's Full Service.

The panino sandwich was great, though I could've used less butter (or butter substitute, O.o) on the bread. Though I like messy sandwiches/burgers, I don't like having that oily residual on my fingers. It makes me think of that same oil clogging my arteries. x_X The brussel sprouts and cauliflower had a nice spiced flavor to them and were a tinge crispy, which was pretty neat. I enjoyed them immensely. I believe the scoop of white rice was to tone down the saltiness of the sprouts and cauliflower. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have eaten the rice - too much starch already. Fact: For the longest time, I confused brussel sprouts with lima beans. This was before the Internet, mind you. :o\ Other than that, I just didn't know any better. (Sadness) 

Bocce ball turned out to be a lot of fun! It was two against two - two newbies (including me) against two who already knew how to play - and the newbies won! Ha ha! Victory was ours! It's a neat game, and relatively simple to play. I'd definitely recommend it. Young Augustine's has two outdoor courts (Ormsby's has one indoor one, I believe; not sure about Leon's). It was a great experience overall. It'd be best to get there a little early for dinner - the place was packed by the time we left. I'd like to go back with a healthier heart and try something else on the menu.

1 comment:

  1. empire state south has probably the coolest bocce court in the area, well, other than the hidden one I found driving around near my house.

    ReplyDelete