Friday, June 17, 2011

Violette Restaurant

Apologies for the fuzzy quality ^_^"

Salad Nicoise [Grilled Yellowfin tuna fillet with salad of mixed greens, potatoes, peppers, hard-boiled eggs, olives, capers, and green beans]

Creme Brulee and Crepe Milton [Thin pancake filled with chocolate mousse & vanilla ice cream]


Nom! Violette was a last-minute dinner outing with a few friends. I have been here once before, and the parking situation has improved sometime between the two visits. There's a lot on the premises that offers complimentary valet parking. Alternatively, you can park across the side street in another lot. This restaurant is hard to see right off the road - though it's a stand-alone, you have to keep your eyes peeled for it.

The salad took a while to come out, which I thought was funny given that the others had ordered actual cooked dishes. I suppose it was the tuna. :o\ Anyway, it was delicious! I love seeing a food color palette - it means I'm eating healthily. ;o) It came with a vinaigrette dressing - it was simply "the dressing that came with the meal," so I'm unsure of the specific type. Who cares? I had enough for my salad. ^_^

We opted to stay for dessert and shared the creme brulee and crepe Milton. My only regret is that the creme brulee seemed like a small portion compared to the crepe. Sadness. Both were delicious, however, and I would recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment