Friday, June 17, 2011

Thai Silk Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar


(Not-so) Spicy Coconut Tofu Soup on left and Miso Soup on right

Chicken Masaman Curry served with avocado and cashew nuts

Thai Sesame Chicken [chicken breast battered and deep-fried topped with sesame sauce and garnished with broccoli and carrots]

I went with a friend to Thai Silk for lunch. I had a Scoutmob for them, and thought 'why not?' I hadn't had Thai in a while anyway. :o) I tend to order the same few dishes no matter which Thai restaurant I frequent, so I've had the coconut soup and masaman curry before at other places. Both the soup and the curry were tasty - just like they should be. Maybe I never noticed it before but the curry was slightly on the sweet side. Good thing the rice was there to temper it. Most of the time I prefer creamy soups over brothy ones (unhealthy over healthy), so I would vote for the coconut soup over the miso any time. The miso soup was fine, it's just not what I prefer. ^_^ I didn't try my friend's sesame chicken, so I'm afraid you'll have to go there and try it yourself.

This restaurant used to be called Rama5 or Rama 5, something like that. I hadn't heard of it then, and I only know it now because of Scoutmob. The menu was pretty affordable even without the Scoutmob and the service was excellent. The decor's dated, and there's an outdoor patio available for dining, if you like that experience. They have a small private parking lot which was pretty empty when I arrived on a Saturday because they had only been open for lunch for an hour or so. I doubt the place gets super busy, so feel free to try it at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment