Monday, June 27, 2011

Munch

Pork banh mi and Thai tea


Munch is a Street Food Thursday offering in the city of Atlanta. It is a Vietnamese food truck that sold a few different types of banh mi sandwiches (which I've featured before) as well as a couple of different types of dumplings. They sold water for $1/bottle - do you remember those days? - as well as Thai tea.

I met up with a friend and her new coworkers to try out this truck. The afternoon was hot (note my umbrella in the first pic), the line was long, and the service was slow. :o( Sadness. Though the sandwich tasted fine, I had issues with the way it was made: stuffing the ingredients into the bread like a hot dog into a hot dog bun. That's not how it's supposed to be, folks. Plus, it was WAY overpriced! I paid $7 or $8 for this one sandwich when I know perfectly well I can spend $2.50 to $3 at Lee's Bakery or even Quac Huong. Plus, they didn't complete the Thai tea (it's missing milk) - but I didn't even care at that point because (a) I was hot, (b) I was hungry, and (c) I was on my lunch break from work, which meant I was crunched for time.

I would NOT recommend this place. I shudder to think how the actual restaurant service might be compared to the truck's. The fact that the sandwich is about triple the price of a better version off of Buford Highway is an atrocity, and no one should be ripped off like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment