Monday, June 27, 2011

Mellow Mushroom


Stuffed Portobello: A giant portobello mushroom basted with garlic butter and stuffed with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and feta cheese. Topped with mozzarella cheese, baked, and served on a bed of spring mix.

Mellow Mushroom?! Yep... I was there for trivia night. I don't normally frequent Mellow Mushroom restaurants because, well, there are simply better places to eat in my mind. Imagine my surprise when I saw this dish in person: It was gorgeous and filling! The combination of vegetables and cheese was delicious, and all for under $10. I believe the "dressing" was a vinaigrette, possibly the balsamic variety. It was just the right amount for me. This was essentially two stuffed mushrooms on top of a salad. I didn't want pizza or anything starchy because that's all I had eaten earlier in the day, so this was the perfect option. This gets a thumbs up from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment