Monday, June 27, 2011

La Fonda

Tilapia burritos: Marinated, grilled tilapia and grilled corn with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and a sour cream-jalapeño sauce rolled in a warm flour tortilla

It's been a while since I've been to La Fonda. One of my friends tried the salmon version of the same dish. From past experience with fish tacos, I definitely prefer tilapia over salmon. There's just something about salmon that makes it taste weird in taco/burrito/quesadilla format. Anyway, this was delectable, though a bit lacking on the side of taste. Perhaps it needed more of that sour cream sauce? I ended up trying to eat it in tandem with the black beans. The fish was incredibly soft - I could cut through it with my fork. This was an okay dish - I normally order fish tacos because I simply love fish tacos (what's not to love?) - but decided to try it in burrito format this time around. Hmm. It's weird because I've actually had the fish tacos there, just at a different location. I wonder if the location made a difference; I went to the Peachtree Road location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment