Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bento Cafe

Food and drink menus

Pictures in case you need'em

Cutesy quotes

Taiwanese Stir-Fried Noodles [with cabbage, carrots, green onion, cilantro, shiitake mushrooms, black fungus, celery, and shredded pork]

Bento Cafe is one of few Taiwanese restaurants I'm aware of in the area. The website can be annoying to navigate, which is why I linked to the menu in the above picture. I've only eaten here once before, and I ordered one of the most popular dishes there: the Bento Chop. I wish I had ordered it this time around. :o( The noodles were just so-so and the accompanying sauce was on the watery side. Flavor was lacking, too. And before you go freaking out about black fungus, let me tell you that it's harmless. To me, it has an almost seaweed-like consistency (like thinly sliced seaweed) yet acts like tofu in that it doesn't have a distinct flavor but it absorbs other flavors surrounding it. I've eaten it many times over the course of my life, and I'm still walkin' and talkin'. ;o)

If you're going to go, I would recommend the Bento Chop (fried). It's two fried pork chops with a scoop of white rice and two vegetable sides (definitely opt for the corn). Yummy food for a low price.

No comments:

Post a Comment