Monday, June 27, 2011

Alon's

Portobello sandwich: Roasted portobello mushrooms on rosemary foccacia with sauteed spinach, Swiss cheese, and Thai basil pesto


I'd only been to Alon's once before; I happened to receive a gift card for my birthday a while ago, so I happily went to redeem my gift. :o) Huh, I'm on a portobello kick, aren't I? I can't help it! They're so good! O_O I picked up a white tea drink while I was at it, well, because I hadn't had white tea in a long time. ^_^

I was tempted to pick up a side order of veggies, but I decided to finish the sandwich first to see whether I still had room for them. Turns out, the sandwich was rather filling! I happened to see the veggie sandwich
(Roasted eggplant, roasted red peppers, fresh marinated tomatoes and fresh mozzarella with pesto mayonnaise on whole wheat) roaming around, which looked just a bit tastier than my sandwich. I'll have to try that out another time. The white tea was less sweet than I was hoping it to be but it was still good. My sweet tooth can be quite biased.

My friends and I split a chocolate gelato/ice cream, which was phenomenal. I forgot to take a picture. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment